Rakanishu!!!

Rakanishu!!!
biggest little dog in the world

Saturday, October 9, 2010

My search for new books (and the oddly sad results)

So, I'm one of those people who like to learn new things. I once went up to everyone I worked with in a busy restaurant and asked them to give me one song that they thought was most awesome, and went and listened to them. I found several bands I enjoyed and several I didn't, but hey - I tried to widen my own library.

The point? I want to read more books. At the moment, I'm sort of in love the the teen/youth sci-fi/fantasy world and am searching for new series, authors, characters, etc. I tried googling - and this is where I got stuck. The few blogs I found with lists of authors and/or books/series were all ones I had read before, or were already on my to-do list. This gave me a big sad face. :(

So, I'm making a resolution. I'm going to start reviewing the books I have found on my search for new people to add to my fantasy friends. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Not that there are many of you reading my blog (sharayn, jake, Lol).

I'll start when I finish my current book, the first in a series. It's called A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bay.

Onward and Upward, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment